Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You Did It For Me - Book Review

This children's book by Robert Hug was a cute illustration of how and why we help others. I must admit I had to turn back the pages and check that it was the same character helping each time, as at first I assumed each help vignette was different in a "pay it forward" type illustration. Children may or may not pick up on this before the last two pages. As a Sunday School teacher, I would have found specific biblical verse references helpful for each situation. I know they exist, and the young children I teach take great pride in learning verses and their meanings. All that aside, the book is a good starting point for teaching children about helping others and the joy we can find in it.


Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review through LibraryThing Member Giveaways.

No comments: