Sunday, October 9, 2011

A New Way of Living

Where have I been?  Working on solving the food allergy problem, working (the paid kind) and being a taxi service for my family.  Whew.  The good news: I love my family and it is well worth it.  The bad news:  looks like I am allergic to not only gluten, but dairy and eggs as well.  I am going to have to find a whole new way of cooking and eating.  I never cheat on gluten, as I know the consequences.  I was wondering if the occasional egg would hurt.  Answer is yes - had a scary reaction to one in some GF banana bread I made for R's birthday.  Had it again with the GF cupcakes I served for her party, as one of her classmates is allergic to wheat.  The dairy seems to kill my stomach, while the eggs cause full on hives, nausea and dizziness.  So, any of you out there who are gluten, dairy and egg free, send in your suggestions and resources!

No comments: