Thursday, July 12, 2012

Who Knew?

It has been quite a food journey since my blogging break.  I got into some serious blood testing etc. which was expensive but has turned out to be worth it.  The good news is I may not be allergic to eggs.  It was other ingredients in the banana bread and cupcakes that I never would have suspected: Pineapple and Banana.  The overall allergy list that came back is really strange, but the irrefutable fact is that since I have eliminated all of these, my symptoms have almost disappeared.  And since some of these sneak into foods, when I accidentally have some, my body lets me know it.  Ouch.  So for now (or forever) it's goodbye gluten, dairy, pineapple, banana, cranberry, asparagus (sob), broccoli, ginger, fennel and vanilla.  The vanilla is a killer, as it is often listed as "other natural flavors" and is major ingredient in gluten free baked goods.  It's a learning process.  Wish me luck!

No comments: