Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cleansing and God things

Well, someone asked me the other day how the cleanse was going and I realized I had not consciously thought about it in a week or so.  The answer is "pretty well".  I am doing better at not saying yes to things I really don't want or need to do.  I gave up wine, which I thought would be harder.  I really haven't missed it at all.  I decided my body needs a cleanse along with my life, and wine was the low hanging fruit.  Now comes the hard part: conscious eating.  I have been praying about this cleanse because I know I can't do it by myself.  Amazingly, I have seen God in the details.  Just little things, but that's all I need.  I am now seeing that in addition to being gluten free, which I have been for 2+ years, I need to work towards controlling the sugar in my diet.  I have given up artificial sweeteners for several reasons, and definitely feel better, but now I need to reduce the real stuff too.  And that means actively planning what I eat.  I am reading other blogs for ideas, trying to figure out how to fit diet and exercise into my life when I am already exhausted most of the time.  Of course, the diet and exercise might fix the exhaustion!  I'll let you know.

No comments: