Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For Erin

There have been some complaints (Hi Erin!!) about the (in)frequency of my blog updates.  First, flattered that anyone even noticed.  Second, glad for the kickstart, as I need to get going again.  Amazing how life gets in the way.

So, simply because this is on my mind because I just made it and it isn't bad at all, here is an addition to the recipe portion of my ongoing big cleanse.  This is specifically dedicated to those of us with digestive issues (Hi Erin!) and food allergies.

Veggie Detox Juice:
You will need a juicer to make this, but you wanted an excuse to get one anyway didn't you?  I have a Breville Compact Juice Fountain that cost around $99 on amazon.  Works great.

2 firm Bosc pears, cored and cut into wedges (fine to leave skin on)
1/2 inch piece peeled fresh ginger
5 medium carrots, scrubbed (I cut the ends off too, but some people don't bother)
2 celery stalks, trimmed, cut into 3 inch pieces
1 beet, trimmed and scrubbed and sliced into wedges
1 handful fresh parsley, stems and leaves
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (I use bottled whole foods lemon juice)

Push pears and ginger through juice machine.  Then in batches add carrots, celery, beet and parsley.  Stir in lemon juice.  Makes two glasses.  Tastes better over ice or chilled.

There now, don't you feel healthier already?

No comments: